Geoscape Contracting is currently looking for two experienced landscape Foremen to join our growing team. As the team leader on the jobsite, this position plans, directs and coordinates all project-related activities and works with Project Managers to complete all assigned tasks on time. These projects include large scale urban streetscape and naturalization planting, earthworks and some hardscapes. This position requires record keeping of the job progress, changes and any evolving needs of the construction site. Approximate job start date is April 1st, 2014. A typical work week is Monday to Friday from 7am-6pm, plus a half day every second Saturday.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Manage, coordinate and lead project tasks, while overseeing your crew.
2) Responsible for site safety as well as identifying hazards and eliminates threats for staff, sub-contractors, the public and others.
3) Responsible for the jobsite layout according to drawings provided by the landscape architect. This includes planting beds, trees, pavers, pathways, walls, etc.
4) Gathers all the information required before starting a job, this includes knowing planting specifications, construction details and requests as per the architects.
5) Provides goals, motivation, coaching, training and encouragement for the team.
Qualifications and Skills:
1) A minimum of 3 year’s experience in a supervisory role in the landscape industry.
2) A working knowledge of the tools and equipment required for planting, grading, layout, sodding, hardscape prep, etc.
3) Capability of reading and interpreting various construction blueprints.
4) Strong organization skills.
5) Experience working with and around heavy trucks and equipment is an asset.
6) Ability to contribute in a team atmosphere and demonstrate self-motivation.
7) Communicate well with co-workers, supervisors, other employees, client groups and the general public while providing leadership/supervision and work direction to subordinates.
8) Possession of a valid G license and ability to get to different jobsites around the GTA.
9) Basic knowledge of horticulture and plant needs.
10) Familiar with large construction sites and possible hazards.
11) Ability to communicate in English – this includes reading and writing.
1) Competitive wages, no shortage of hours, plus a year-end performance based bonus.
2) Company pick-up truck and smart phone.
3) Medical and dental benefits – included once qualified.
4) Group Retirement Plan – available once qualified.
5) Fun, friendly, and positive work force.
6) Secure and long term career opportunities.
7) Rapidly growing company with many advancement opportunities.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank everyone that applies, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.