Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains safety as being the number 1 priority in all daily activities;
- Performs mandatory by-law truck inspections and fills out log book each day;
- Maintains accurate records and logs;
- Performs vehicle inspections and preventative daily maintenance before, during and after trips – this also includes greasing the truck once a week;
- Keep the interior and exterior of the cab clean;
- Maintains a level of professionalism on job sites;
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all times;
- Demonstrates critical thinking and aptitude to problem solve;
- Secures all loads and safely delivers materials/machines to and from site. This includes all equipment, and tarping plant material, aggregates and soils;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of a AZ or DZ licence required;
- Previous driving experience considered an asset;
- Must possess a clean abstract;
- Regular working hours are Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 7p.m.;
- Physically fit and has the ability to lift up to 30lbs.
Why Work for Geoscape?
- We take pride in motivating, training and developing one another;
- We are constantly seeking bigger and better challenges;
- We offer competitive wages and an abundance of hours;
- We have a year-end performance based bonus plan;
- We subsidize medical and dental benefits and group retirement savings plan;
- We offer secure and long-term employment opportunities;
- You have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company!
Geoscape Contracting is a pioneer in the green industry specializing in landscape construction for many large commercial and urban developers, with projects spanning across the GTA. We dedicate ourselves to all aspects of commercial landscaping, including but not limited to; softscaping, hardscaping, grading, retaining walls, plant installation, sodding, terraseeding, park construction and trucking.
If you are a passionately proud, safety oriented, caring individual that is interested in succeeding together within a fun organization where growing and exceeding expectations are a part of our every day culture then apply now!
We thank everyone that applies, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Geoscape Contracting welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Job Type: Full-time