Reports to: Fencing and Masonry Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains safety as being the number 1 priority in all daily activities;
- Ability to interpret and understand utility locates;
- Layout and installation of chain link, decorative metal, wood privacy and wood acoustic fence;
- Loading/unloading of materials and equipment on truck/trailer;
- Receiving, ordering, and unloading material;
- Tree/Shrub planting, placing, spreading and grading soil, mulch or aggregates as required;
- Installing and removing T-bars, silt fence, temporary fence;
- Daily site clean-up;
- Using hand tools and operating small equipment; ie skidsteer, mini excavator;
- Other manual jobs as required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Experience installing chain link, decorative metal, wood privacy, wood acoustic fence;
- Experience using hand tools and operating small equipment; ie skidsteer, mini excavator;
- Experience setting posts in concrete footings, framing and boarding fence, attaching and stretching chain link, forming and pouring concrete footings;
- Ability to drive 5 ton vehicle with trailer;
- Valid drivers license & vehicle with a clean abstract;
- Contributes to a team atmosphere;
- Demonstrates the ability to self-motivate;
- Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Demonstrates the ability to lead a small team, problem solve and manage time effectively.
Why Work for Geoscape?
- We take pride in motivating, training and developing one another;
- We are constantly seeking bigger and better challenges;
- We offer competitive wages and an abundance of hours;
- We have a year-end performance based bonus plan;
- We subsidize medical and dental benefits and group retirement savings plan;
- We offer secure and long-term employment opportunities;
- You have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company!
Find out more on what it’s like to work at Geoscape by clicking here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3S7PYKjlBU&feature=youtu.be !
Geoscape Contracting is a pioneer in the green industry specializing in landscape construction for many large commercial and urban developers, with projects spanning across the GTA. We dedicate ourselves to all aspects of commercial landscaping, including but not limited to; softscaping, hardscaping, grading, retaining walls, plant installation, sodding, terraseeding, park construction and trucking. We have recently opened our very own fencing division.
If you are a passionately proud, safety oriented, caring individual that is interested in succeeding together within a fun organization where growing and exceeding expectations are a part of our every day culture then apply now!
We thank everyone that applies, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Geoscape Contracting welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
|Job Category||Field Staff|