Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains safety as being the number 1 priority in all activities;
• Interprets and lays out job site according to the drawing provided by landscape architect. Including, but not limited to, planting beds, trees, pathway and park construction, retaining walls, etc.;
• Provides updates to Project Manager on the progress and evolving needs of the site;
• Ensures and monitors daily maintenance/inspections are carried out on all site equipment;
• Contributes to a team atmosphere – actively engages in training/coaching Geoscape employees to ensure a safe, energetic, engaged, and skilled workforce;
• Effectively communicates with co-workers, supervisors, client groups, and the general public;
• Invested in the success of the project and helps with any tasks that require assistance/attention.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory role within the landscape industry;
• Knowledge of planting and hardscape techniques as well as horticultural best practices;
• Landscape Technician Diploma and other applicable certifications considered an asset;
• Possesses full Ontario Driver’s License with a clean abstract;
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
• Ability to safely operate applicable machinery and hand tools;
• Demonstrates the ability to lead teams, problem solve and manage time effectively.
Why Work for Geoscape?
• We take pride in motivating, training and developing one another;
• We are constantly seeking bigger and better challenges;
• We offer competitive wages and an abundance of hours;
• We have a year-end performance based bonus plan;
• We subsidize medical and dental benefits and group retirement savings plan;
• We offer secure and long-term employment opportunities;
• You have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company!
If you are a passionately proud, safety oriented, caring individual that is interested in succeeding together within a fun organization where growing and exceeding expectations are a part of our every day culture then apply now!
We thank everyone that applies, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Geoscape Contracting welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
|Job Category||Field Staff|